Saturday 5 March 2011

Fashion shoot 4

This is another shoot I done for my fashion assignment. I got permission to photograph on farmers property. This shoot was planed about 2 weeks before hand. When in the stables the houses know or sort of detect that I felt incompatible when being in the same room as them. I was seprized that the horses wasn't shocked when the flash went of when using the lighting. I also had to think about the sink lead because I didn't want to be photographing the model and two horses and then another horse walks in to the lead so I had to have my assistant ready to move the sink lead when a horse walks past. I new It was risky as the horses had never been handled. At times the horses would kick out and some times run round the room that we were in and as they weigh a tun it was very risky and dangerous. I know it was very unsafe to use the horses as a prop if you like but I wanted to do something different, exciting and very 70's and for this assignment I thought it would be great. The Farm keeper put down new hay, groomed and cleaned the houses for when we arrived and as the farmer was very busy anyway so to do all this for me I feel that very appreciative. I did find at times hard to work with a model, assistant and the keeper.. Sometimes I had to get the horses in the right place to get in the shot and feel the organisation was very good and as we worked well together I achieved great shots.

I would like to thank:


Model: Hannah Ruth


Assistant: Faye Rowley


Property owner: Mavis


Keeper: Butch

If you would like to see more of my work then go to
http://rwphoto.carbonmade.com/




This shot was taken on my nikon d700 with a 20mm lens. I used one flash head light with a umbrella to soften the light and a reflector. 


I taken this shot on propose to create flair and to try and capture a degree of fashion and to create a dreamy affect. The two photographs above was taken in to Lightroom and slightly edited but not much as this photograph was perfectly exposed. I love this photograph more as the model is not facing towards the camera but i feel that it gives this photograph caricature and mystery. 



I want to thank:
Model: Hannah Ruth 
Assistant: Faye Rowley
Property owner: Mavis
Keeper: Butch


No comments:

Post a Comment