Sunday 6 March 2011

Work based learning lighting

On one wednesday morning I was asked to put lighting away and to check if all the lighting heads worked correctly. If not then I would have to tell kevin, The lights that did work then I was to see if the lamp bulbs worked and if not then to replace them.

I was given a pack of bulbs and each bulb cost £10 pound and I was shocked by the price of them. After going through all the lighting the uni had only one lighting didn't work so that was past on to kev and then he sends it of to get repaired.


This picture above was taken by my iphone and its of the packaging of the bulbs used for the bowens lighting. What I was doing is using a power cable I made sure the Bowens head light was turned of and then once the power was connected then I would turn the lighting head on and turn the switch to lamp and if it turned on then it was working and I wouldn't  need to replace it with a new bulb.


This picture above shows the packet of bulbs kev provided me and also a diagram showing the bowens lighting and how to set and mount the bulbs. This diagram is good for when looking for information on how to use the lighting and for how to set the lighting up ether in studio or on location.


This is one of the Bowens 500w head lights, this one doesn't have a lamp bulb attached as this is the one that didn't work. This head light can only be used as a flash but if needed to have constant light then it wouldn't be of any use.


This is not the best photograph but it shows the bulb working and what i mean by constant light.
I didnt need to put a new bulb in this one as it was all working in good order but most head lights on the day needed new bulbs.




This picture above shows how i have put the lighting heads in order and it goes from 500w to 450w and then to 150w.. all the heads are now working and have brand new lamp bulbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment