Saturday 12 March 2011

Ghetto Blaster

Boom boxes or Ghetto Blasters were commercially introduced in the late 1970s and was really popular around 1975 to late 1980s and doing this research about the 70's I found this time really interesting and have been inspired with this look and time. It's really made me think about doing a shoot like this for the fashion and for my mail theme I was thinking of doing 70's pop music and how fashion was with the Ghetto Blaster out as it was such a big thing in the day and I could get a really good photo shoot and have a great location in mind. 


I found some photographs when searching Ghetto Blaster in google



Some of the photographs are for this link...

http://blog.reedandsimon.com/2009/11/11/boombox-aka-ghettoblaster/







The Ghetto Blaster basically a large, portable, radio cassette player and was about 1.5 m wide and 1.0 m high. I really want do do a shoot with all this in mind as I think it would be a great opportunity for me and feel I could get some great photographs out of this.







No comments:

Post a Comment