Thursday 3 February 2011

World War 2 clothes.

I want to begin by looking at clothes in the world way and then see how todays fashion works with people between 18 and 30 because you can see how clothes in the 1920s are used even today. I want to get magazines and books over vintage clothing and also background research of the fashion industry.


One thing that I automatically think about when thinking of todays fashion and how clothes from the war are warn today is the military jacket because a lot of people at all ages are wearing them as a fashion icon.


Below are some old photographs of solders with military jackets on. Collection of World War 2 colour photos mainly from Eastern Front.

Photo courtesy of Col James A. Donovan, USMC (Ret)
















Here are photographs of people in fashion and how the military jacket are still being used. I really do find this interesting and am considering doing a shoot and my theme to be military theme as I am positive I could get some great photographs in this style.










No comments:

Post a Comment